Saturday, June 20, 2015

During this beautiful and busy Summer Solstice weekend, I have recently found time to make a pop-up dance performance Sunday evening at that one and only 2nd Annual Madison Womyn's Music & Arts Festival. My performance will be between 4:30 & 5 (between Walkin' Shoes Jazz Combo and Cassidy Ann and her Expandable Band) but since I didn't know till recently that I was able to make the fest, ya won't see me on the schedule below. This year I plan for a an old Egyptian vibration followed by a bellydance that could easily be described as a serpent being charmed awake from hibernation (~!~). I very much enjoyed being part of this fest-for-a-good-cause (proceeds from sales go towards the Demeter Foundation, an organization which helps womyn get off to a new start after incarceration) last year at the High Noon Saloon where I performed "Sinuous and Staccato", a mask dance of opposing personalities and this year is going to be even better! Music, art, bellydance..(and beer). Stop by Evolution Arts Collective on your way to the solstice bonfire for fun :)

June 20, 2015 at 01:40PM via Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment